Research sources for education majors, minors, graduate students, and Montessori
Last Updated: Oct 10, 2013
The library offers more than 17,000 books in electronic format from various publishers and providers. Our major collections of e-books include:
- Britannica Online
Browse or search more than 100,000 articles from Encyclopædia Britannica
- Cambridge Histories Online
Online access to more than 300 volumes from the Cambridge Histories series, providing scholarly coverage of many academic subjects
- Credo Reference
A digital reference library of dictionaries, encyclopedias, thesauri, books of quotations, and subject-specific titles, covering many subjects, all from leading publishers.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
A collection of more than 12,500 electronic books, including scholarly monographs, reference materials, and more. Formerly known as NetLibrary.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
A database of encyclopedias and other reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Oxford Reference
Full-text dictionaries and other reference books in many subject areas from Oxford University Press
- SAGE Knowledge (formerly SAGE Reference Online)
A collection of more than 170 specialized encyclopedias and handbooks. Particularly strong in the social sciences, medicine, and the environment.
ProQuest Education Journals training opportunity:
Contact Pamela Harris, MLIS student and ProQuest trainer.
- Get help in person or online via WebEx.
Complete this form to request a training session with Pam: http://tinyurl.com/PQ-St-Kates or email Pam directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Paul campus reference desk: 651.690.6652
- Minneapolis campus reference desk: 651.690.7898 or 651.690.7780
- Chat using AskMN, a statewide 24/7 reference service.
- Ask a reference question via email: email@example.com
- Check our hours and stop by the reference desk
St. Paul Campus Library