You do not need to create a personal account to read an ebook on your computer. However, this ebook provider requires users to create a personal account in order to download, borrow, and reserve ebooks. If you do not want to download, borrow, or reserve an ebook, skip to the Start Reading box on this page.
To create an account:
1. Select the "Sign In" botton in the upper right of the EBSCO eBook Collection homepage.
2. At the bottom of the sign in screen, select "Create One Now" to create a new account.
3. Fill out your account information on the forms provided to create your account. Now you can check out ebooks by downloading them to your account.
EBSCO offers a helpful guide outlining all of their database features.
In the guide you will find information on:
To view EBSCO's guide click below
For additional tips, screenshots or how to use EBSCO eBooks use the link below.
1. To find a book, either search for a specific title or keyword in the search bar, or browse by category using the column along the left side of the page.
2. When you find a book you are interested in, you can start reading by clicking on the book's title or on the "PDF Full Text" link.
3. Clicking on the title or the "PDF Full Text" option will bring you into the ebook. You can select specific chapters to read using the table of contents.
4. At the top of the screen, there are options to save, email, or print up to 100 pages of the book without making a personal account. To download the book, you must create a personal account. See the Create An Account box on this page for instructions.
5. Downloading a book checks the title out to you, just like at the library. The amount of time an ebook is checked out to you varies, and the system will alert you to the limit when you download the title to your personal account.
©2023 St. Catherine University Library, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA